Smoothies for weight loss and body cleansing are low-calorie, tasty drinks similar to mashed potatoes, which are used by adherents of a healthy diet as a detox. There are different opinions on this matter, but it is difficult to dispute the overall benefits of the product for the body. It contains more vitamins, minerals and other beneficial substances than juices, and they are digested and absorbed faster than whole fruits and vegetables. But smoothies can also harm the digestive tract if you drink them too often. So do not consider cocktails as a panacea for diseases. But they will be able to cleanse the body of toxins, tone it up and saturate it with vitamins. How to do it? Let's read!
Benefits of a smoothie for cleansing
Detox smoothies for weight loss and body cleansing are a great alternative to the juice diet. They also contain nutrients, but unlike juices, they also include fiber. It is she who is an important ingredient for cleaning.
Cellulose is a dietary fiber. Once in the digestive tract, they are not digested, but swell and collect toxins and toxins, which then leave the body along with undigested residues. Fiber can be compared to a broom that cleans the intestinal walls. At the same time, dietary fiber is a breeding ground for beneficial bacteria, improving the microflora.
Scientists have proven that fiber in low-calorie diets helps to reduce weight. 345 participants in the experiment provided records of their dietary intake. Several low-calorie diets have been analyzed, but all have shown an association between fiber intake and weight loss.
Fiber helps to reduce the calorie content of the diet. Once in the stomach and intestines, it swells and gives a feeling of satiety. Scientists have found that the fibers themselves have no energy value, and sometimes require additional costs for fermentation. On average, consuming dietary fiber, you can get from -20 to +10 kJ / g.
Since smoothies for cleansing the body of toxins are mainly fruits and vegetables, smoothies are rich in antioxidants. These substances neutralize radionuclides and prevent the development of cancer. They slow down the process of aging and destruction at the cellular level.
Vegetables and fruits cleanse not only the intestines, but also the blood. A low-calorie smoothie diet can lower cholesterol levels, eliminate plaque and prevent atherosclerosis.
The smoothie diet has other benefits:
- metabolism is normalized;
- the feeling of heaviness in the stomach disappears;
- weight loss occurs;
- there is no feeling of hunger;
- improves immunity;
- body tone appears;
- a habit is developed to eat fractionally low-calorie dishes;
- there is a willpower to refuse sweets.
Unfortunately, not all people, even switching to a balanced diet, understand why they do it, and try to adapt old eating habits to a new diet. For example, in the most useful smoothies for cleansing the body, they add sugar or jam! Such cocktails have a richer taste, but due to the abundance of sweets, they further pollute the intestines and promote the growth of harmful bacteria.
If the drink seems not satisfying enough, you can add a banana, yogurt or kefir to it, which satisfies hunger well. They give enough energy, but do not disrupt the cleansing process.
What are smoothies and how to make them
You can add any fruits and vegetables, fermented milk drinks, tea, water or juices, cereals, nuts to the cocktail. All ingredients are perfectly combined with each other. Depending on the components and their effects on the body, smoothies are divided into several types:
- Awakening.These are drinks that give energy for the whole day, so drink them in the morning or before training. The basis of the cocktail is usually a banana, yogurt, cottage cheese or cereal flakes. These are quite high-calorie foods, so eating them at night is undesirable.
- Soothing.These cocktails are consumed before bedtime. They are light, do not contain high-calorie products. Based on soy or almond milk.
- Fat burning.Drinks contain foods that speed up metabolism: pineapple, grapefruit, lemon, orange, as well as hot spices and spices (cinnamon, ginger, coriander).
- Purifying.Detox shakes are fortified with an antioxidant effect, so they include a variety of vegetables and fruits.
The composition of any cocktail can be divided into 3 parts: liquid base (tea, water, juice, kefir or yogurt), solid components (vegetables or fruits), additives. It is best to use natural products harvested according to the season. If you use store-bought vegetables and fruits, wash and peel them thoroughly before cooking. For better preservation, it is often rubbed with chemicals or wax. Agree that such a smoothie is unlikely to improve your health!
A traditional cocktail is 60% vegetables and 40% fruit, but you don't have to stick to this setting. In green smoothies for cleansing the body, there are 60-70% greens.
A tool for making smoothies is an immersion blender or in the form of a bowl. To facilitate the work of the device, chop the solid components beforehand. Prepare a homemade cocktail at any power, but the result should be a homogeneous mixture of a pleasant rich shade.
Smoothie cleansing principles
I advise you to approach the smoothie diet to cleanse the body gradually. I've had the experience of a 3 day cleanse with fruit and vegetable smoothies, and I have to say, it's not that easy to endure. Although you can add proteins and grains to smoothies, the stomach lacks solid foods. In a cocktail, dietary fiber enters the digestive tract in ground form. They quickly pass into the intestines, and hunger soon begins to be felt. The stomach secretes hydrochloric acid, which is extremely dangerous with a long-term smoothie diet. There is acute pain in the solar plexus area, and doctors say that such a diet can lead to an ulcer.
So that cleansing does not become stressful for the body, reduce your calorie intake in a couple of days by removing fried, fatty, salty foods from your diet. Instead, eat boiled lean meat or fish, cereals. Drink more purified water (up to 2 liters per day).
If you have never cleansed your body before, start with a fasting day on a smoothie: at the first stage, this will be enough. If you tolerate the shake diet well, repeat the experiment every week. After 1-2 months, you can increase the interval to 3 days.
You can not stick to a smoothie diet for more than 5-7 days. The digestive system requires solid food to function properly.
Drink a variety of smoothies every 2-3 hours during fasting days. Drink plenty of fluids between meals so that the fiber found in fruits and vegetables swells and cleanses the intestines. The liquid will help to remove toxins and stones.
Drink smoothies only through a straw, as many components of cocktails have a negative effect on tooth enamel. Scientists analyzed the effect of vegetable and fruit smoothies and found that during the day there is a loss of calcium and fluorine by 15 microns. To avoid the damaging effects of juices on enamel, rinse your mouth after every meal.
Get out of the diet gradually. Do not load the stomach immediately, referring to the usual menu. On the first day, add solid vegetables and fruits. Then you can enter cereals in the menu, at the last stage - lean meats and fish. Then the cleansing will be effective and will not be in vain.
Popular Smoothie Recipes
The principle of preparation is the same for all smoothie recipes for weight loss and body cleansing. If you are cooking in a blender bowl, pour in the liquid ingredients. Next, peel fruits and vegetables from the skin, cut them into pieces and put them in a bowl. It remains to grind. If using an immersion blender, put all the ingredients in a suitable container and grind thoroughly. It is better to drink smoothies immediately after preparation.
3 recipes that will help you become slimmer and healthier:
- With kiwi, honey and oatmeal. 3 art. l. pour oatmeal with a glass of kefir and let them brew for 5 minutes. Cut kiwi, banana and apple without peel and immerse in a blender bowl. Grind, add honey and cinnamon to taste.
- Recipe for a green smoothie to cleanse the body. 2 pre-frozen bananas chop and put in a blender. Add 2 cups green spinach, 1 tbsp. milk. Grind, if desired, add a couple of pieces of ice.
- With cabbage and apple. Cut into pieces the fourth part of the cabbage fork, 50 g of celery, 100 g of apple pulp, lettuce. Grind the ingredients. If the mixture is too thick, add water or apple juice to make it look like in the photo.
As you can see, preparing healthy smoothies for cleansing the body is very easy. But it is important that all the ingredients are fresh and tasty.
Contraindications and harm
Can diet days on smoothies to cleanse the body have contraindications? Unfortunately yes. Such a diet in some diseases harms the internal organs. Unloading days on smoothies are contraindicated:
- with pathologies of the liver and kidneys;
- with violations of the digestive tract (an abundance of fiber causes bloating and flatulence);
- pregnancy and breastfeeding (any restrictions at this time are undesirable);
- allergic to certain fruits, vegetables, or lactose in milk drinks (in this case, choose foods that you can eat).
A smoothie diet will help you stay healthy and lose weight. But do not get carried away: remember that there should be a measure for everything!