The desire to be thin does not bring women or men to the final goal. Many say that they simply do not have the motivation to lose weight, and that loved ones accept them as such. Others simply do not know where to draw this very motivation from, and how to force themselves to lose weight on a psychological level. In the article, we will analyze the main motivation options that help keep weight normal.
Motivation techniques at the initial stage
The most difficult thing for an overweight person is to start losing weight. Motivation for weight loss will always be missed if a person does not want it. You should not look for an incentive to lose weight in someone else, for a start you should understand yourself and understand what it is for.
The simple desire to "lose weight by summer" ends in failure for most people who lose weight. The diet lasts for several weeks, and after it, serious and prolonged binges follow, which only worsen the situation. In fact, the motivation for training and sports, which allows you to develop willpower for weight loss, lies in a deeper sense.
There are several options for strong motivation for losing weight, which are worth getting to know in more detail:
- I will be able to wear beautiful clothes and attract the eyes of others;
- I will have no more health problems;
- I will be able to bear a healthy child;
- I won't be shy on the beach;
- I will get younger;
- Easily get rid of the problem of overeating;
- My relatives and loved ones will not be ashamed of me.
The incentive to lose weight must be specific, it must be clearly pronounced and understood. Only with a personal desire to completely change to pride in oneself and envy of enemies, one can achieve the desired results and remove the stigma of a fat person from oneself.
Effective motivation for weight loss
The incentive to lose weight is something many overweight individuals lack. First of all, it is important to want drastic changes, and only after that gradually approach the plan. If a person is constantly dissatisfied with himself, wants to lose weight, but there is no willpower and incentive, it is worth finding them. We will analyze effective options for motivation for losing weight, which will help overweight people to believe in themselves.
Many do not know how to motivate themselves to lose weight, what to do in order not to lose weight again in 1-2 weeks. To begin with, it is important to plan everything correctly, because it is not enough to have an incentive for losing weight in the form of the words: "I want", it is worth approaching the process more globally.
Building weight loss plans is the first step that you should pay attention to. To do this, it is desirable to draw up a clear action plan for yourself, which will include:
- Changing eating habits;
- The optimal program of activity and training;
- Viewing motivational programs or photos;
- Presentation of your end result.
Planning is drawn up logically, adequately assessing one's capabilities and strengths. It is best to set a goal to lose 3-8 kg in a month by changing the diet, reducing calories and exercising 2-3 times a week. The first month will be the most difficult, but after losing weight notices minimal results and changes in the figure, motivation will come by itself, forcing you to fight for your beauty and harmony with greater intensity.
It is also important to motivate yourself to lose weight with the help of self-persuasion. If a person who is losing weight cannot love himself, is not confident in his strengths and capabilities, it will be extremely difficult to lose weight. It is important every day, every morning, waking up, to tell yourself that extra pounds will go away quickly if you exercise regularly, eat right and forget about sweets. The main thing is to believe in yourself, to inspire yourself with a good result, which over time will certainly be achieved.
To understand what changes occur in the body for a week or a month, it is necessary to control them. For this, there is a so-called achievement diary, which involves keeping a record of volume and weight.
The diary is kept from the first day, entering into it the initial indicators of volumes and body weight. Then, every Sunday at the end of the working week, re-weigh and take measurements of volumes, writing them in a separate column, comparing the results. Nothing motivates a person like seeing personal results and positive changes in the figure. Especially keeping a diary is shown to those losing weight, whose weight goes beyond 20-30 kg of excess weight. In this case, the result is judged only by the reduction in volumes during measurements and the reduction in weight during weighing. At first, a visual vision of oneself in the mirror may not speak of any changes, suppressing the spirit of the losing weight.
These methods of motivation will allow you to achieve a good result much faster, to monitor your changes visually, taking on new forms every week. This is the biggest motivation and incentive for losing weight.
Motivation for fast weight loss
A beautiful body is not only an object of admiration, but also human health. If losing weight is extremely difficult, a person constantly stops halfway, eating up his problems and worries with kilograms of sweet and fat, you should familiarize yourself with the main motivation options that will lead to rapid weight loss.
- Strengthening health. Health is the most important thing for every person, which is why it comes first in the motivation for quick weight loss. Having problems in the work of the heart or respiratory system, a person faces the danger of acquiring serious diseases that require long-term treatment. Faced with such a situation, many are ready to go on any diet and physical activity in order to lose extra pounds and establish all the necessary processes in the body.
- Increasing self-esteem. Some overweight people have extremely low self-esteem, which does not allow them to feel confident in society and defend their rights. When there are a lot of beautiful and slender girls around, you want to look exactly the same, have beautiful and slender legs, toned buttocks, which only increase self-esteem and do not call into question any actions.
- Blog about weight loss. If there is no motivation, and it is not possible to force yourself to come to a good result, you can start blogging, starting from the smallest thing - doing activities at home. There will definitely be many like-minded people who will support, and after that - motivated by the result. A block is a certain duty and responsibility to the people who watch and watch it, which is why no one will give up halfway here.
- system of rewards and punishments. Diet and sports - this does not mean for life and in a strict regimen. Be sure to make days off from everything, allowing you to enjoy delicious cookies, a small piece of cake or just watch TV, taking a break from the hall. But, there is a main rule: such indulgences should be done no more than once every 2-3 weeks, otherwise there will simply be no shifts in the process of losing weight.
These tips will allow you to quickly lose extra pounds, responsibly approaching the process of losing weight. It is very important to set a goal for yourself, be motivated by a good result, look at photos that motivate you to lose weight, and successfully achieve results.
Tough motivation for weight loss
Many people who are overweight in the past had slender and beautiful forms, which over time turned into a large piece of fat. If there is no motivation, and no photos of beautiful sports girls or guys motivate, you need to approach the process from the hard side. This motivation includes the following:
- You need to take your old clothes, which are a few sizes smaller than the current ones, and try to put them on yourself. Having discovered that jeans or a skirt are not worn higher than knee-length, a person feels complete disgust for himself, respectively, is motivated to correct this situation as soon as possible. Such a tough motivation is suitable only for strong personalities who, to the extent of certain circumstances, have launched their appearance. People with weak psychology should not use this method, because it will be able to break them even more, delaying the process of losing weight for another long time.
- For hard motivation in losing weight, you can still fall in love. When a person has "butterflies" inside, he is inspired by his loved one, and is ready for any experiments with his body and inner state. Love is a strong motivation that allows you to treat your body more carefully and strictly, trying to achieve a good result in losing weight by any means.
In practice, it has been proven that it is precisely such tough methods that are more effective and effective for losing weight, because they do not have time to think, they force you to act here and now.
Motivation tips from psychologists
How to find motivation to lose weight? Psychologists say that all motivation is inherent in the subconscious mind, and if it is not agitated, it will be extremely difficult to achieve the desired effect. There are basic tips from psychologists that allow you to see the motivation, and with its help, start effective weight loss until the desired result is achieved. The rules of motivation are as follows:
- You need to set reasonable goals. If there are 5-10 or more extra pounds, it will be extremely difficult to get rid of them in a week or a month, and in some cases it is completely impossible. You don’t need to set such a goal for yourself, but, without reaching it, you get psychological trauma and again face congestion. It is important to set realistic goals for yourself and understand that the body is a complex mechanism, and if in the first week it allows you to lose 3-4 kg, then next week there may be no weight loss at all, and this is a normal process.
- Make training enjoyable. Even if sports are held at home, you need to try to make them beautiful and stylish. To do this, it is important to buy a beautiful and comfortable uniform for classes that you yourself will like. In no case should you practice in home clothes, even worse, in pajamas! This is immediately doomed to failure. Having a beautiful and comfortable suit available, you will want to put it on as soon as possible and start exercising, watching your reflection in the mirror. It only increases the desire to train.
- Celebrate your weight loss victories! No, we are not talking about the fact that after the lost kilograms, you can safely buy a cake and eat them. The matter is quite different. Losing extra pounds, a person loses volumes, respectively, needs a new wardrobe. After each global result in losing weight, you need to buy yourself beautiful clothes that will motivate you even more for your next purchases. You can celebrate your victories in losing weight in any way, for example, go for a long-awaited massage, manicure, solarium, etc.
- No need to be unnecessarily demanding of yourself, scolding for every extra kilogram. You need to have a positive psychological attitude to training, which will allow you to engage in more actively and favorably, getting only pleasure from it.
Psychologists say that following a diet, sports and other means of losing weight is a very serious step for an overweight person, so it is important to mentally prepare for this in advance. Only such an attitude will allow you not to break away from training, not to allow yourself to eat a plate of Olivier or other salad with mayonnaise for the holiday. First you need to understand yourself and prepare well. Physically, the body is always ready for stress and weight loss, but 90% depends on the psychology of an overweight person.
Motivation for weight loss in pictures
Today, many losing weight draw a charge of motivation precisely from beautiful pictures of slender girls who have toned shapes, clear skin and a healthy look. If there is not enough motivation, you need to find a beautiful public with slender bodies on the social network, or watch a certain person who also had problems with being overweight in the past. It is the results of others that are more motivating and make you pay more attention to your appearance.